Review To Win
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Review To Win (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“Canadian Tire”), Bazaarvoice, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and their parent, subsidiary, affiliate companies, agents, suppliers and any agencies or other companies involved in the development, execution, production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and an instant win game (the “Instant Win Game”).
2. Sponsor: Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, 2180 Yonge St., Station K, Toronto, ON, Canada TBD M4P 2V8. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069 U.S.A.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on August 10, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on September 6, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit http://www.canadiantire.ca and follow the links and instructions to submit a review about any Canadian Tire product and opt-in to email notifications telling users whether their review has been posted. Once the review has been processed, entrant will receive an email notification informing the entrant whether his/her review has been posted and entrant will be provided with a verification code. Once entrant receives the email with the verification code, entrant can enter the Contest by one (1) of the two (2) following ways:
During the Contest Period, entrant is to visit the Canadian Tire Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/canadiantire) and click on the "Review to Win" contest application. If entrant does not already "like" the Canadian Tire Facebook Page, entrant must first click on the "like" button in order to access the Contest application. Once entrant enters the contest application, he/she is to follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including, a valid home address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. Entrant will be asked to submit the verification code they received from the email notification.
During the Contest Period, entrant is to visit http://canadiantire.promo.eprize.com/review2012/ and complete and submit the registration form, including a valid home address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. Entrant will be asked to submit the verification code received from the email notification.
Once entrant has successfully registered, regardless of method, entrant will automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes and advance to the Instant Win Game page and receive one (1) Instant Win Game play. Once on the Instant Win Game page, follow the links and instructions to play the Instant Win Game. The Instant Win Game results will display instantly. Potential winners of the Instant Win Game will be provided directions for validation. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
Limit: Each entrant may enter the Sweepstakes five (5) times per day and play the Instant Win Game one (1) time per day during the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sweepstakes: The drawing will be conducted on Sponsor's behalf by Administrator at approximately 12:00 p.m. on or around September 7, 2012 in Pleasant Ridge, MI. Instant Win Game: Two hundred (200) random, computer-generated winning times, one for each prize listed below, will be generated during the Contest Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.
7. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCLUDING THE REQUEST TO HAVE THE POTENTIAL WINNER PROVIDE TO THE SPONSOR A VALID GOVERNMENT ISSUED IDENTIFICATION. IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
8. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by mail, email or phone. Each potential Sweepstakes winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. Each potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing question in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance within the required time period (if applicable), fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner of the Sweepstakes Prize or Instant Win Game Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be two (2) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after winner confirmation.
Sweepstakes Prize: THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES are available to be won, each consisting of a $4,000.00 CDN Canadian Tire gift card. Terms and conditions of gift card apply. Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $12,000.00 CDN. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes prize per person.
Instant Win Game Prizes: TWO HUNDRED (200) INSTANT WIN GAME PRIZES are available to be won, each consisting of a $50.00 CDN Canadian Tire gift card. Total ARV: $10,000.00 CDN. Odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize depend on the number of Instant Win Game prizes available divided by the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person.
For All Prizes: Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Bazaarvoice, Inc., Facebook, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state/province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, including without limitation, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if possible. If the Contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
14. Governing Law: Entrant agrees that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
15. For Residents of Quebec Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
17. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/MJq9Lz The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2012 ePrize, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook.